Shaunni, UKPlastische ChirurgieNovember 2020
I’m doing great thank you I hope all is well with you. Still healing but definitely heading in the right direction. Would love to give some feedback. Overall my experience was fantastic and I would definitely recommended both Medical travel and the Forme clinic. I had abdominalplasty several years ago in Burno but the experience this time was far superior. If there was anything that would have made my experience better or easier I would say the following;
* It would have been good to have had other patient experience before surgery, if you had a way to set up some ex patients who would be happy to talk to new potential patients about their experience that would help. It would also probably increase your turnover too as if anyone was in doubt about whether cosmetic surgery abroad was for them if they spoke to actual people who had had surgery abroad it would ease their mind. I would be happy to be a contact for anyone thinking about surgery with you for instance to ease their minds.
* definitely better post op instructions. In the UK when someone leaves hospital and they are to visit their Doctor for post op care or suture removal it is always the nurse at the doctor surgery that does that and all UK hospitals discharge patients with a letter to give to the nurse with full details on what they need to do, what stitches need coming out and when. I ran into trouble as you know with my suture removal, the clinic gave me a video and better instructions on what stitches to take out when and how the nurse should take them out. This information would have really been better if it was given to me before I left the clinic.
* I had told the clinic a few weeks before I arrived that I was vegan but on arrival even in the apartment they weren’t very prepared for that. I struggled to get vegan alternatives for food. My daughter went to the shop and brought me food I could eat but it would have been nicer if she didn’t have to.
* it would have helped me before surgery if I had know what to expect after surgery. If I had a list of essential items it would have helped sometimes little things just like making sure you bring cloth ring that will easily go over your head, bring ice packs for your recovery once you leave the clinic, a neck pillow as you have to sleep upright for several days etc. Being prepared is always helpful, if you could provide patients details of what to expect and bring to help on their trip that would help.
* it was lovely that you met me at the clinic on that morning and definitely eased my anxiety so that was really good!
* airport transfer was really great and appreciated, a lovely gesture that really takes off some worry.
* aftercare support has also been really good, even when I did have problems you helped sort them out and the clinic was really helpful too.
* it would be perfect if there was a Uk representatives that patients could go to before they travel for pre op and visit again after surgery for suture removal. I know that’s probably unrealistic but that would be amazing!
I hope that feedback helps. As I said my experience was overall really good and I would definitely recommend in fact I did to someone today I even gave them your name!
Thank you so much for all your help and support. Keep safe and well.